Website El Paso County
Essential Job Functions:
Assists with a variety of entry-level maintenance functions associated with HVAC, plumbing, and architecture for El Paso County Facilities and Strategic Infrastructure Management (FSIM) Department.
- Completes rotational internship program to include assisting with, shadowing, and performing maintenance functions in the areas of HVAC, plumbing, and architecture and other related crafts under direct supervision.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school student currently enrolled in vocational training classes required.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazard and safety precautions applicable to accomplishing facility maintenance and repair.
- Ability to carry out assignments in accordance with instructions and established procedures.
- Skill in the care and use of tools and equipment commonly used in building maintenance.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Must pass conditional post offer background investigation, physical examination and drug screen.
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors and requires the ability to perform laboring tasks in adverse weather and/or environmental conditions. Position involves extensive standing, bending, reaching, and kneeling. Must be able to safely lift and carry up to 50 lbs. This is a temporary position typically not to exceed five (5) months.
This job announcement is not intended to be inclusive of all functions, responsibilities and qualifications associated with the position, however, representative of the essential job functions and typical criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the position.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://www.elpasoco.com For inquiries please call: 719-520-7401.
Each applicant is considered only for the current vacancy indicated on your application. It is the responsibility of the applicant to monitor any future openings and to submit a separate application for each position. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Any new employee and rehires must provide documentation of authorization to work as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (PL99-603).
For Questions please call Christine Middleton at 719-520-7662 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com