Website Regional Building Department
JOB TITLE: Plan Review Support Specialist
Pay Scale: $16.50 to $18.00 D.O. E.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, vision, paid vacation, retirement plan
Full Time Position
Plan Review Receptionist receives inquiries from visitor to the Plan Review Area, answers questions of a general or technical nature, and refers customers to the proper source either within or outside of Plan Review. Also responsible for customer service, performing clerical functions, and supporting general operations of the Plan Review Department. Work is performed under general direction of the Deputy Building Official. -Plans
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS: None
- Demonstrates ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Displays dependability through attendance, follow through and completion of tasks.
- Shows teamwork by cooperating with others, exhibiting a positive attitude and communicating openly, consistently and directly. Listens to others.
- Creates satisfied customers by providing exceptional customer service. Takes initiative and acts in a responsible manner. Shows flexibility within established parameters.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides direction and assistance to visiting customers based on individual needs.
- Reviews plan sets and modification or completeness and processes them for review and payment.
- Identifies inadequacies found in construction documents and specifications and requires that modifications or additions be made to meet the submittal requirements and standards of PPRBD.
- Responds to inquiries from plans reviewers, inspectors, architects, engineers and others including home owners regarding applicable processes and policies.
- Provides assistance to Front Counter by accepting phone-in inspection requests.
- Attends conferences, seminars and classes to keep current on code and ordinance changes.
- Enters technical data as required for permits or plan information into a computer.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality customer service.
- Basic computer programs and applications.
- Standard construction drawing organization and arrangement.
- General methods and materials of building construction.
- Read and accurately interpret construction plans and specifications of any complexity.
- Communicate in the English language by phone and in person in a one to one or group setting.
- Produce written documents in the English language with clearly organized thoughts using proper sentence structure, punctuation and grammar.
- Periodically lift and carry objects in excess of 40 lbs.
- Work cooperatively with other Pikes Peak Regional Building Department employees and public.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
No previous experience required
- Must possess the following within twelve(12) months of hire date:
- PLAN REVIEW
- ICC Certification as Permit Technician
- PLAN REVIEW
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms. Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Office environment, exposure to computer screens.
This job description is not intended to be inclusive of all functions, responsibilities and qualifications associated with the position, however, representative of the essential job functions and typical criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the position.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATION ACTION STATEMENT:
The department is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Department will not tolerate unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant because of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, or retaliation for engaging in protected activity.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANCE:
In accordance with the requirements of Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Department will not discriminate against individuals with disabilities on the basis of disability in it services, programs, or activities. The ADA requires the Department to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified persons with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss ADA accommodations with management.
NOTE: A Board of Commissioners independently governs the Pikes Peak Regional Building Department.
IF INTERESTED IN THIS APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION PLEASE GO TO WWW.PPRBD.ORG https://www.pprbd.org/Information/Careers
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com